Monday, August 6, 2012

Bless me interwebs, for I have sinned.  It's been over a month since my last posting.

We've been busy playing with Legos, reading books, participating in dance recitals and swim lessons, canning, cooking, going to the gym, thinking about washing piles of laundry, etc., etc., etc.,   We even threw in a round of illness and a severely sprained ankle. 

In other words, we've been busy living life. 


I did want to take a moment and share two recent photos.  The first is of my precious little boy and his dance troupe.  We signed him up for Ballet/Tap level one after he went to a take-your-friend-to-dance-class event.   He loved it so much that he wanted to go every week.   What's a mama to do?  


I love this photo so much.   The thing that blows my mind is that all of these kids are within  a year of each other.  4 and 5 years old.   My boy, who is 5 in this picture is clearly on his way to becoming a giant.   Is this what happens when you breastfeed for 2.5 years?   

Anyhow...I digress.   Dance is over for the summer, but he's graduated into Ballet/Tap II and has asked to continue.   So we will. 


The second photo I want to share with you, dear readers, is of the honey we have brewing on our counter.     The Boy and I went to a local shop just outside of town and picked up a gallon of local, raw honey.   We came home and poured the honey into quart jars over organic vanilla beans and organic sage freshly plucked from our garden.   The vanilla honey will be a nice variation from our usual this fall.  The sage honey is specifically for the upcoming sniffles, sore throats and colds that accompany a new school year and winter season. 

I'm surprised by how much honey we consume here- between canning, tea, peanut butter and honey sandwiches and as a sweet topper to oatmeal, ice cream, and crisps, we often go through 2 - 3 gallons a year. 

I hope your summer is keeping you sunny and warm,
Simple Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment